A major restoration took place in 1893 which
resulted in a number of changes to the building, including
the removal of the post supporting the cap. The cap now turns
on an iron bearing.
Further repairs were carried out in 1975 after which the
mill was converted into a museum. A grant from the Heritage
Lottery Fund in 1999 enabled the sails to be restored to working
order and improvements to be made to the museum.
Exterior view of the windmill